Sunday 20 September 2015

Living the Dream

"The Performance of Rest - PROVISION! 

"I direct a crime reduction project for our local police department. God has blessed this program with amazing favor since 2013 as I came to the job with no prior criminal justice experience!

One probation program provides addiction treatment, counseling, job readiness and skill training and life skills. It's the first program of its kind in the state. My grant funding ends next March. Finding permanent funding is my responsibility so I've been in prayer for months about how to achieve this.

We were turned down on two grants. We talked with the Asst Commissioner of the State. He seemed very favorable we could work something out. But with a billion dollar budget to operate all the prisons and probation offices across the state our $150k budget seemed to get lost and we never heard back from them. I sent a few inquiries and then heard from another state agency that I shouldn't count on the state corrections department to fund our program.

As our funding time is fading fast I reminded myself of the chapter in "God With You At Work" about The Performance of Rest. I decided to rest in God trusting that He would find $150k with the right agency in order that the program design will not be changed.

A few weeks ago I was told again by some state leaders not to expect the Dept of Corrections to come through on this but I’D DETERMINED MY WORK WAS TO REST SO I WASN’T GOING TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

This week my husband and I are on vacation. Yesterday on the beach my phone kept ringing from several numbers I didn't recognize. Being on vacation I let them go to voicemail. Finally when it rang again I thought I'd answer and there RESTING on the beach the Asst Commissioner of the state Dept of Corrections called to commit permanent funding for the program asking me for the budget then apologizing for calling while I was on vacation.

It's so good to be in business as God's kid!

Becky H (Aug, 2015)"

Living the Dream, a series of true and verified stories of real people who have encountered God for themselves and have learnt to apply His principles in their normal everyday world, sourced from Heaven in Business

No comments:

Post a Comment