Sunday 6 July 2014

Living the Dream

"Doing my Fathers business at 30,000 feet: Last week while flying back from Virginia I sat next to a Pentagon Official. While we were talking about what he does I felt the presence of love descend upon us. It was like I had packed a love bomb in my briefcase and it just went off in the plane. The conversation shifted to matters of the heart. He told me about his failed marriage, the difficulty of transitioning to life back at home after being on active duty (Iraq) for so long.

I created a safe place by letting him know that I know first hand how trauma can steal from a person. I shared my testimony of overcoming sexual abuse as a young child. He then began to focus on the how much he had overcome, about how much compassion he had for everyone, and how without Christ he would not be where he was at today.

The presence of love was exploding in our section of the plane. The woman next to us (23-24 years old) turns to us and says " I do not have a father figure in my life, can I ask you guys a few questions about the guy I am dating. The woman behind us gave me a thank you note when I got off the plane that said she was deeply impacted by our conversation.

The guy form the pentagon prophesied over her a stunning word. Then he said "I do not usually speak so directly to someone I do not know." "You do now," I said. (Dave C, Regional Sales Manager, Redding)"

Living the Dream, a series of true and verified stories of real people who have encountered God for themselves and have learnt to apply His principles in their normal everyday world, sourced from Dream Culture: Bringing your Dreams to Life

No comments:

Post a Comment